Saturday, December 5, 2009

Sachin Tendulkar: becoming the number one Test team in the world was like a dream come true

The Indian cricket team led by Mahendra Singh Dhoni is one of the best ever to have represented the country, believes master blaster Sachin Tendulkar.
According to him, Gary Kirsten and Paddy Upton, along with Robin Singh and Venkatesh Prasad, all credit to them for handling the team brilliantly. Also all the players have worked very hard in the last 18 months.right from number 1 to 7, we have a solid batting line-up.

India became the number one team in Test rankings after they beat Sri Lanka by an innings and 24 runs in the third and final Test to clinch the three-match series by a 2-0 margin.
Sachin Tendulkar said that becoming the number one Test team in the world was like a dream come true and that he had been waiting for this moment since the start of his career.
“Fantastic to be at this position. I have been waiting a long time to get to this position . In fact just not me, entire nation,” he said.
He said,This pitch was a brilliant wicket. There was some turn on the first day and I knew one roll would settle it down and it did.”
Tendulkar then took a good humoured dig at Yuvraj Singh for calling him a grandpa. "I have told Yuvraj Singh not to call me Grandpa. I have lots of names for him too and I can expose him there!”
He also laughed off retirement, “No retirement as long as I am enjoying the game."

No comments:

Post a Comment